Our Pretty little Princess

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lil Peanut Stella

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 19

No, No Sophia

Today is one of those days where every time I turn around Soph is getting into something and I am saying No, no Sophia. Then after a firm NO the lil munchkin proceeds to stop what she is doing walk away and giggle. Affective yes, until 5 min later. Her playtime fav is to either stand on her rocking chair or acting like bam bam off of the Flintstones and throwing her toys across the room...(we're talking her activity table and her princess car..not just a lil' old stuff animal)

Needless to say before we hit nap time most toys have been put up ,she is not happy and I am just exhausted.

When I taught preschool and was directing the parents came to me for advice on discipline and behavior. I not being a parent but an educator at the time, would tell them what thought was affective or do some research to give them the best BOOK advice. I now wonder how they felt about this advice. Now that it's MY child running head first into her terrible two's and I am shakin in my boots , I pray that god gives me the strength to teach this precious angle right and wrong.

No book can prepare you for the Patience it takes to say no ,no a million times a day. You wouldn't think one, two letter word could wear a person out but today I am BEAT.

(the book No! David comes to mind as I am writing this)


So I sit here sipping my wine, missing my husband, and thinking just how much I love this little stinker and how blessed I am to have her in my life (no matter how many times I say NO!NO! in a day.)




P.S. On a more positive note.. Sophia can now point to her nose (she recently just discovered her nostril's ... that has been fun) , eyes , ears and her belly button :) Did I mention I love this girl !!!

1 comment:

  1. hang in there Mama,your doing awesome!! I love you to the moon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete