Our Pretty little Princess

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lil Peanut Stella

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 16

Almost home

Our Korean journey continues with our first bullet train ride. The ride was great and the Korean country side beautiful. However, getting 6 pieces of luggage , 4 carry ons, a car seat, a stroller and a very cranky two year old off in three minuets was another story. Thanks to some good ol fashion thompson team work we made it with everything & everyone.
Now we are looking at a 15 night stay in a hotel. After that we will say hello to our new home. Oh the beauty that is military housing. It is nothing fancy but it beats living in a hotel room!

Day one in daegu was spent walking all over. This post is so tiny I not only ran into one of the only three people I know here but also ran into Stephen. Totally different from Benning but I really do think we will like it here.

The first week here was filled with army mumbo jumbo .. aka a lot if hurry up and waiting, mindless briefings where someone reads word for word from a slide. ( I hate when ppl do this btw) Then some more waiting..

Our second weekend was spent exploring what is downtown daegu. I think i died and went to shopping heaven!! Store after store of very cool very corky stuff. These Koreans have a style all their own. Its a bedazzlers heaven ...even their appliances have flare!! I mean I have always wanted a pink sparkly refrigerator... But who would have guess they really exist!!!

We have indulged in the korean food. Stephen is in heaven ... I am still Leary. Case In point..I was so excited to eat what I though was a chicken skewer. These things looked amazing and smelled even better. Bless the man who spoke just enough English to warn me those were chicken hearts. Ugh!!

Oh and I bet you didn't know our sweet Sophia is a star? Well no, but it sure feels that way. The koreans love here and she loves the attention and occasional free gift lol .

Lastly, Stella is doing wonderfully at a whopping 6 oz. We met our doctor who speaks absolutely no english but seems nice :) we have a very nice translator who at times I feel I need a translator to understand lol. Oh the joys of an overseas birth. Honestly , we were very impressed and I am feeling a lot better about this whole baby in Korea thing :)

Hope that catches you all up!

Lots of love !
The Thompson fan

Ps this was written on my I phone which has a mind of it's own. That said ..I Blane all mistakes on the I phone also that's why the pics are so random.

No comments:

Post a Comment